How to get the most bang for your buck
by Kristy Robinett
There are times in life when direction is welcomed and psychics or mediums can indeed help.
A psychic reading is a spiritual session where the reader receives information about you in the form of messages, symbols or images that come from the spiritual plane. A reading is a communication of what your spirit guides or loved ones from the other side want you to be aware of, and the best direction that is best for you at that time.
A good psychic reading gives you a new sense of direction. You should be able to relate to parts of the reading, and be able to feel that it is individualized and not just a generic reading. It should confirm what you already know on a conscious level. It should just feel right. Beware of anybody who tells you you are “cursed” and offers to “break it” for money. They are merely playing on your fears and taking your money!
Here are some handy do’s and don’t’s to keep in mind when seeking a psychic reading:
- prepare yourself
- have a purpose for your reading
- clear your mind
- clear your heart
- give some feedback – If you feel that the reader is on the wrong track, speak up.
- take a few deep, cleansing breathes before the reading
- try to generate loving peaceful energy around you
- be realistic
- take the reading seriously
- have a positive attitude
- be a good listener
- find a reader you have a connection with
- have fun!
- Don’t expect the spiritual counselor to make decisions for you.
- Spiritual counselors can provide good insights, guidance and second opinions, but they can’t— and won’t—run your life. Use a reading as an additional source of information.
- Don’t think that a reading will fix your life. It should guide you to who and how to correct it, but only you can fix it.
- Don’t assume spiritual counselors can predict lottery numbers. The numbers that are chosen are not touched by human hands, thus have no energy within them.
- Don’t play games. Playing “Stump the Psychic” is a waste of valuable time and of your own money. It also will make the spiritual counselor lose their enthusiasm and interest in reading for you. Being skeptical is, and should be, welcome, but it is a waste of time to change your name or withhold information.
- Don’t have a reading if you have just taken drugs or used alcohol. Even the best readers will have a difficult time seeing through the fog of those substances.
- Don’t have a negative attitude. You may just get a reading that focuses on the negativity in your life.
- We all have free will and free choice. What you are told during a session can change depending upon the path you choose and the decisions you make.
- Don’t bring children to a reading. A child’s energy is strong and erratic and can easily distract even the best reader.
The future is not set in stone and even the best of the best readers can only tell you what is likely to happen, not what will happen beyond a shadow of a doubt. We all have free choice and free will, the ability to choose our own thoughts, our own actions and with whom we spend our time.
Most importantly, a good reading encourages you with hope and inspiration for the future, and encourages self-examination of yourself and the direction in which you are headed. If you feel despondent and sad after your reading, seek another reading, or maybe just look within and skip a session altogether.
Kristy Robinett is a professional psychic medium and intuitive consultant with a strong foundation in business, human resources and career issues.
Photo courtesy Aussiegall
** If you liked this, you might also like **